ArtWORKS musical performances begin Dec. 5 at Hector International Airport
The ArtWORKS program at Hector International Airport will begin musical performances by local artists in time for the holiday season. Performances will run weekly through January 2020. The first performance will kick off the program this Thursday, December 5th at 11 am in the cafe area of the airport.
David Allen, the first performer in the series, started out singing in bars during his time as a construction worker living in rural North Dakota. His style emphasizes the roots of country and is reminiscent of Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and Johnny Cash.
Additional performances include:
- Tuesday, Dec. 10, at 6 p.m.: Kwaician Traylor, a multi-level songwriter and guitarists will perform music ranging from Celtic to hip-hop.
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, at 11 a.m.: Flutist, Tiana Grise and Violinist, Jane Capistran will play classical and seasonal music.
- Monday, Dec. 23, at 11 a.m.: Dr. Earnest Lamb, Dean of the College of Arts, Media and Communication at MSUM, will play an all-Bach cello performance for listeners.
- Monday, Dec. 30, at 6 p.m.: Singer/songwriter Matthew Johnson will perform an acoustic set.
- Thursday, Jan. 9, at 11 a.m.: James Bergman will play a mix of his own music as well as covers.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 11 a.m.: Bassist and composer, Max Johnk, will be joined by a guitarist for a jazz set.
Additional performances will be announced at a later date.