Fargo Airport takes steps to minimize risk from COVID-19 virus
The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve and we understand it is a difficult time for air travel and you may have many concerns. We want you to know the health and safety of our passengers, employees and partners is always our top priority. We are closely monitoring advisories from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and state and local health officials.
We are taking extra precautions to minimize the risk of further spread. We have always practiced stringent cleaning and disinfecting processes, and have increased our efforts even further in high touch areas throughout the passenger terminal. These areas include common areas, ticketing, security, gate areas, boarding bridges and baggage claim.
Here are some things you can do to stay safe and informed:
- Consult health professionals for advice on traveling – especially if you have stress or anxiety about current COVID-19 reports.
- Consult your airline if you need to change your flight or if have questions about any restrictions to your destination.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Airlines are regularly posting Coronavirus travel updates. Here are links with more information:
- Allegiant: https://www.allegiantair.com/travel-advisory-more-info
- American: http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2020/American-Airlines-Update-on-China-Flights-OPS-DIS/default.aspx#safety
- Delta: https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisories/other-alerts/coronavirus-travel-updates
- Frontier: https://www.flyfrontier.com/alert/
- United: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/notices.html
While this remains a fluid and rapidly evolving situation, together, we are equipped to handle what comes. We will continue to review best practices and make additional enhancements as needed in order to minimize the spread. Things will get better.
Is Hector International Airport open?
Yes. All airlines are flying with reduced flight schedules, but Hector International Airport is open and flights are arriving and departing. To make changes to your itinerary or find out if your flight time has changed, please check with your airline.
What is being done to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19?
We have always practiced stringent cleaning and disinfecting processes and have increased our efforts even further in high touch areas throughout the passenger terminal. These areas include common areas, ticketing, security, gate areas, boarding bridges and baggage claim. We continue to closely monitor advisories from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and state and local health officials.
Is the SkyDine Restaurant and Lounge still open?
The SkyDine Restaurant and Lounge are closed until further notice. The Gate 4 food & bar area is open for all departing flights. Subway will reopen May 15th and offer their menu and beverage options.
Is the Airport Gift Shop still open?
The gift shop kiosk past the security checkpoint will remain open for departing flights. The pre-security gift shop hours will vary in accordance with the ever-changing flight schedule. Currently, the pre security gift shop is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.